(What 6 things would you like to be working on or learning?)
I have read several books on bettering myself, procrastinating, how to stop the negative thoughts in my head and how to get organized. They all have good advice in them. I try to follow their advice, though nothing substantial has stuck. I have learned a little from each book and at times I think back to my favorites, but I am still looking for that magical strategy that will work for me.
I have been journaling in my notebook so I can figure out what I am going to do with the rest of my life. Right now I am working 4 jobs and volunteering a few hours at a Senior Center. When you put these all together I am working 7 days a week. If that wasn’t bad enough I am not breaking the 40 hours a week mark. That could be a good thing, though with 4 jobs you would think I would be making extra money by working over 40 hours.
So one of the several things I am trying to work out is what jobs am I going to have coming September and how I am going to accomplished what I (keep telling myself I) want.
As I write in my journal I vent and then tried to problem solve. I started thinking about High School. During school I was taking 6 classes and doing homework for these classes. I liked learning new things. What if I treat all these ‘wants’ as classes. As long as I fit some homework in every week then eventually I would get to my goals.
I have more than 6 things I want to work on, though I decided to pick the top 6 to start with. Here is my list:
- PE (I need to get exercise back into my day.)
- Blogging about decluttering (This way I can cover decluttering and blogging in the same class. I do plan to do other blogging topics also.)
- Make $ on the internet (I want to learn how to make money from home and try to learn about passive income.)
- Making furniture (We are going to build a loft in one of our bedrooms… I need to figure out a plan for this, the materials we will need, and how to actually build it.)
- Planting, gardening, yard work (Since all of these are outside in the yard… I just grouped them together. I am not sure I am ready to garden, but I want to grow food. I have blackberries, a plum tree, a pot of strawberries, and I just got me a raspberry plant. I am hoping to get blueberries next. I want to utilize them this year… in years past many went to waste.)
- Swing Trading (I have looked into this some but then stalled out. I feel like this would be a good fit for me, though I need to learn more about it.)
These are my six classes that I want to spend time doing homework for. I hope this strategy will work for me. If not, I am not sure how many more ideas are out there for me to try.
I look forward to completing these classes or better yet having them become a habit or future job. Then I can go onto my next 6 classes.
What 6 things would you like to be working on or learning?